Friday, August 28, 2009

Ends of the Spectrum For Online Writers

Amazingly enough, most authors speak of writer's block, but if you are an online author, you'll never survive if you have writer's block. To me writer's block is a false reality where the individual through negative bio-feedback believes that they cannot write well unless they are in the mood.

So, they do everything they can to get in the groove or in the zone, so they can write as well as they did during their very best writing session. This type of thinking will prevent authors from being successful, reaching their goals and achieving their dreams. I refuse to go there.

Still, there is the other side of the coin, writing so much that you burn out, when writing becomes a chore, a bore and well, something you dread. Many folks that take their hobby and turn it into a job talk about this. They say when I did it for fun or a hobby it was great, now that I do it for a living, I hate it. This is something that is very common amongst writers and it is rather unfortunate, it does happen. How do I prevent this?

Well, first off, I write about stuff that I wish to write about, fun stuff, things that I like or enjoy. When you do that writing can be a lot of fun actually. You know, I never considered myself a writer. I never even really liked writers. I've always considered myself a doer, not a writer.

In fact, I received a D+ in journalism in the seventh grade, worst grade I ever got in all of my schooling. I guess I have my revenge being the most prolific online article writer on record now, but more importantly, I'd say that proves if I can do it, then anyone can!

Burn out in article writing happens for two reasons, one is you just flat run out of things unique and interesting to write about or you have written about nearly everything you know already. This is why you need to have balance and seek new input and apply what you learn, see and observe to your writing.

Think of it like recharging your batteries; go out and do new things, meet new people and see the world from different perspectives, when you are done you will find new ways to approach old topics and find new topics to apply to your current knowledge.

By doing this you will keep your mind fresh and allow your creative juices to continue to flow over the rim. Just be sure to carry a note pad with you to write down the ideas you have will seeking out new adventures and activities.

Lance Winslow - Lance Winslow's Bio. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/.

No comments:

Post a Comment